Rock Out, Gay Idol!

Gay Guy,

Today is the day Adam Lambert's Rolling Stone cover story leaks and, no duh, he's gay. Even my gaydar was strong enough to make an early call on this one.

A Rolling Stone cover is a big deal. And he had the EW cover a few weeks ago. That's pretty impressive for someone who was an unknown understudy a few months ago. Poor Kris Allen, the guy who actually won, is probably going to have to settle for the cover of Parade Magazine. Adam has obviously come out on top in terms of notoriety and momentum as they each begin to work on their albums.

That's what I love about American Idol. The premise is real. Stars are made. A Rolling Stone cover might seem premature, but I think Adam might be the best contestant they've ever had, and has professional potential to match any of their other successes.

I an earlier post, I wondered why many of Adam's female fans seemed to lose their hormonal composure even though they must know that he's gay. Why, for example, would they take off their tops and rush the stage? What's the point of that? Even if I was the world's biggest Ellen DeGeneres fan, I would know that dropping trou would get me nothing, especially not a backstage pass.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, though. A fan is a fan is a fan. If they want Adam that badly let them try. Here's a few quotes (of hundreds) from women on the RS board today:

- When I read the part where he said he was gay my heart sank. I love him no matter what! I don’t care if he is gay or strait or bi! I will always love him more than you can imagine and will dream about being with him.

- I’ve known he was gay since the “kissing” and “dressed up” pictures started showing up in youtube and I thought I was going to get turned off but the moment I saw him perform again the following Tuesday, I was hypnotized. Yes, hypnotized is term I would use - how else can I explain it? I try to fight it, trust me, I’m still trying. But something is pulling me and I can’t shake it off - yes, I think Adam has hypnotized me! When he sings, I can’t think of anything else. I’m not sure exactly what he does but yes, I honestly think he is a glittery alien from Planet Fierce.

- HOT HOT HOT! My only regret is that you are not Bi like me so older women like myself would stand a chance — oh well, I’ll settle for drooling. Yummy sweetheart, you be your bad, beautiful, fabulous self. We are SO READY for you. Thank you for LOVING YOURSELF enough to be honest give us the gift of your music and presence.

- He’s gay? My heart sank a bit. I personally don’t agree with homosexuality. After some soul searching, I realize am still a fan of Adam Lambert, gay or straight. I enjoy listening to his songs and that’s all that matters. Who are we to judge others? BTW, GOD loves everyone.

- ADAM is so sexy. I don’t care if he’s gay, just as long as he keeps giving those sexy glances while on stage. He has the most beautiful pale blue eyes I have ever seen. ADAM is my Dream Lover.

- I’m from the age group that was in love with Elvis. It’s time for someone else to wear that crown and ADAM is the obvious KING! As to his sexuality, all I can say is ….another great loss for womanhood.

Here's Adam's take:

"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear I'm gay. I've been living in Los Angeles for eight years as a gay man. I've been at clubs drunk making out with somebody in the corner."

"I loved it this season when girls went crazy for me. As far as I'm concerned, it's all hot. Just because I'm not sticking it in there doesn't mean that I don't find it beautiful."


Look for Adam's first single, "I'm Not Sticking It In There," to drop in September. But for now, his glam cover photo seems to be working it's magic. Dig the snake, Adam, but the butterfly is creeping me out. Must I remind folks that pins and brooches in the crotch/groin area are not a good idea? Yikes.

--Straight Guy

UPDATE 6/10: Couldn't resist these other comments which also hit the RS post last night:

- I’m 30, beautiful, smart and career-oriented. I’m nice and sweet but sexy and naughty in appearance. I’ve always wanted men I can’t have and Adam, you are my ultimate challenge. Just show a little bit of curiosity and the willingness to experiment - and I will give you a taste of what you have been missing and will turn you into a man! But if that doesn’t work, do you need a surrogate? I want to infuse my offspring with your supernatural genetic makeup!

- The boy is sexy and I don’t give a damn if he is gay. Adam you can always come home sexy…you can always come home. There will be a lot of women, including me, that will gladly welcome you.

Readers, what's your take? Is this flattering, insulting, or just plain nutty?

2 comments:

Straight in Upstate said...

All three of the above. My take on AI has always been, turn off your TV and make some music yourself. "You can't sing" means "You can't sell millions of units of product so signing you to a lifetime crippling contract for 99% of your earnings would be a waste of our time - and amongst Randy's gastric bypass surgery, Paula's botox, and Simon getting his nipples waxed, we're way too busy to be bothered with the likes of you. Next!" It's as exciting as watching open interviews down at McDonald's.

kathryn said...

Wow....and he does NOTHING for me. I do believe that hot is hot...regardless of preference. I'm extremely curious to know if GG agrees with Adam's remark about "it" being beautiful. (!) SG? Do YOU think "it's" beautiful??

Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive