This is a tad embarrassing to admit, but I have a crush. A celebrity crush.
No, not the list of actors you've known me to be hot for. (That's a post for another day, readers.) A new celebrity. Well, not really a celebrity. Oh, out with it.
Yes, I love the voice over in the Subaru commercials. Who knows if I'd love the man the voice belongs to, but I know I love the voice. Here's one melodious voice over example, the episode about going to Subaru heaven.
I am a sucker for the human voice. A good voice makes me go all googly inside. This has caused me me trouble; I can fail to listen to what a man says when I am listening to how his voice sounds. As in, I think, "Oh your voice is so soulful, I could listen to it forever," when the words coming out of his mouth are, "I am emotionally retarded and have zero ability to have any kind of meaningful relationship."
What is it about men's voices that hits the spot for me? Maybe it's all the time I spent in music class. Maybe it's the mystery of having no idea what the person behind the voice looks like. Maybe it's that my father doesn't need to talk much; in fact, he once picked up and drove across the United States -- New York to Seattle -- just for the chance to be even more quiet.
I've outed myself on my voice lust -- readers, any irrational crush-makers for you? Leave a comment and let us know.
P.S. Back to the Subaru commercial: I have nothing to say about the quality of a Subaru or the content of the commercial. I don't know what's going on between the narrator and Larry. Leaving the old Forester out under a tree does seem ecologically unsound to me.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Second Star to the Right and on 'til Mourning
- Brünö: Slapstick or Satire?
- Coasts Show Their Pride
- Over the Rainbow?
- Gay / Straight Friendship Advice: Thanks for Shari...
- It's not what you say but the way that you say it....
- Can't Stop Believin'
- National Man Day Coverage
- Euro Guy Look
- Waiter, There's a Hair in My Nachos con Carne
- Fox News: Judgemental? Skanky? Or, Both?
- National Man Day . . . Is There a Card for That?
- Straight Guy Hall of Badassery 2009, Vol 1
- Rock Out, Gay Idol!
- Last Night, Last Night: Showtune Showdown
- Straight Comics / Gay Comics
- Gay / Straight Advice: Friends or Frienemies?
- Beach Blanket Himbo?
- Cologne Zone: Gay Guy/Straight Guy Whiff?
- GBFS: Gay Best Friend Syndrome
- The Gay / Straight Update: June 2, 2009
- Smooth, Dude, Real Smooth
- Then This Happened: Brüno vs Eminem
- ▼ June (24)
- ► 2008 (148)