Brünö: Slapstick or Satire?



I'm back from vacation and will have some posts up soon.

FYI: Here comes the Brünö express, GG. We need to be ready.


Good or bad for SG/GG relations? Not ours... but in general?

You can lampoon stereotypes and our reactions to them (Newman's "Short People"), but not everyone gets the joke, or appreciates the attempt in the first place. This interview is slapstick, to make it to satire is a lot more work. We'll have to see.

Interested, or already turned off?


--Straight Guy

3 comments:

Straight in Upstate said...

I could only watch it for two minutes - Conan did a great job. Sacha Baron Cohen is versatile and is making a ton of money, but I just don't care, like most pop stars. Bruno, Jon and Kate, Lindsay, Madonna - can't we just refer to them all in the singular with one androgynous name? "And in celeb news today, Jordan got married, got divorced, was seen with no panties, entered rehab, and exited rehab." There, we're done. It's not like they have souls or anything.

kathryn said...

The girl in me says I should skip this one. The look on Conan's face in this stillshot says it all, I'm sure. Besides....I think slapstick is more of a guy-thang...

BosGuy said...

Gay in Boston - That was hysterical...

Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive