Some fun coverage from two big gay pride celebrations, San Francisco and New York, that occurred this past weekend. Fun stuff.
Slide show in New York Times article is especially fun.
It looks like it would have been fun to be at either celebration. I skipped my home's pride weekend entirely. No parade, no street fair. Ended up going out of town.
I have some ambivalence about whether prides celebrations are still relevant. Are we now so assimilated that we don't need them anymore? Is that a good thing, or do we need to hang on to our history and culture? Maybe if my home threw a pride as fun as SF or NYC, I'd be more inclined to engage in it.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Second Star to the Right and on 'til Mourning
- Brünö: Slapstick or Satire?
- Coasts Show Their Pride
- Over the Rainbow?
- Gay / Straight Friendship Advice: Thanks for Shari...
- It's not what you say but the way that you say it....
- Can't Stop Believin'
- National Man Day Coverage
- Euro Guy Look
- Waiter, There's a Hair in My Nachos con Carne
- Fox News: Judgemental? Skanky? Or, Both?
- National Man Day . . . Is There a Card for That?
- Straight Guy Hall of Badassery 2009, Vol 1
- Rock Out, Gay Idol!
- Last Night, Last Night: Showtune Showdown
- Straight Comics / Gay Comics
- Gay / Straight Advice: Friends or Frienemies?
- Beach Blanket Himbo?
- Cologne Zone: Gay Guy/Straight Guy Whiff?
- GBFS: Gay Best Friend Syndrome
- The Gay / Straight Update: June 2, 2009
- Smooth, Dude, Real Smooth
- Then This Happened: Brüno vs Eminem
- ▼ June (24)
- ► 2008 (148)