Last week, The Daily Show devoted an episode to skewering the cable news networks, left and right. From MSNBC's Limbaugh scare-a-thon, to CNN's neediness ("Be my Facebook friend!"). Stewart: "Why do I have to follow CNN on Twitter? I can follow them on CNN!"
Anyhow, here's FoxNews at it's double-standard best, with more than a hint of homophobia thrown in to boot.
Yes, you got us. Lingerie Football is just another lame straight guy mash-up. We like both, so they must be good together. Same deal as when George Costanza tried to eat his favorite sandwich while having sex. The fantasy works up to the point where we actually try to get involved. Sandwiches and sex appeal? Lingerie and football? Fried chicken and porn? It can work, as long as schlubby straight guys can stay out of the picture. In the clip above, we can only "appreciate" the lingerie players until we see Geraldo Rivera diving in as Steve Doocy cheers him on. After that, we can only recognize them as victims.
Look, they agreed to play football in their underpants, OK? Why must they also be objectified and degraded? It's just too much, Fox News!
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Second Star to the Right and on 'til Mourning
- Brünö: Slapstick or Satire?
- Coasts Show Their Pride
- Over the Rainbow?
- Gay / Straight Friendship Advice: Thanks for Shari...
- It's not what you say but the way that you say it....
- Can't Stop Believin'
- National Man Day Coverage
- Euro Guy Look
- Waiter, There's a Hair in My Nachos con Carne
- Fox News: Judgemental? Skanky? Or, Both?
- National Man Day . . . Is There a Card for That?
- Straight Guy Hall of Badassery 2009, Vol 1
- Rock Out, Gay Idol!
- Last Night, Last Night: Showtune Showdown
- Straight Comics / Gay Comics
- Gay / Straight Advice: Friends or Frienemies?
- Beach Blanket Himbo?
- Cologne Zone: Gay Guy/Straight Guy Whiff?
- GBFS: Gay Best Friend Syndrome
- The Gay / Straight Update: June 2, 2009
- Smooth, Dude, Real Smooth
- Then This Happened: Brüno vs Eminem
- ▼ June (24)
- ► 2008 (148)