I loved this Happy Times essay from yesterday's New York Times (thanks for the assist, DK). Give it a read.
Nothing particularly gay or straight about it, but it's all about difference, and that's what our site is about. The curiosity, longing, or relief to be found in difference.
Here's a favorite bit. It's about parents and their children, but substitute whatever you like. "They claim to be much happier and more fulfilled than ever before, even though they live in conditions of appalling filth and degradation, deprived of the most basic freedoms and dignity, and owe unquestioning obedience to a capricious and demented master."
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Straight Truth: Cosmo is Clueless
- Straight(?) Guy Hall of Shame: 80s Video Dating Ed...
- No Gays in Fame?
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Objectification Saves the D...
- Nice Moves: The Tired Dance/Football Mashup
- Summer Lovin': Party in the Fire Island Pines
- The Gay/Straight Spare Time Debate: An Hour to Kil...
- The Referendum on Difference
- Straight Guy Gift Guide: Bottle Opener Tie
- One of These Days, These Boots
- Gay Guy a Gym Going
- Gay/Straight Comic Update: Bromance Denied
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Eye Candy Caddies
- Beach Bods: Pleading the Fifth
- More on Gay/Straight Clothing Brand Divide
- Gay/Straight Clothing Debate: "Clothes Make The Ma...
- Straight Guy Surrenders. Internet Wins.
- Targetting Gays
- Gay/Straight Adwatch: No Go, Girlfriend
- Give Me a Ring Sometime
- No Jokes About Extra Nuts...
- ▼ September (21)
- ► 2008 (148)