In a last-minute decision, Marvel Comics decided to change the title of it's long-promoted "Bromance" collection to, simply, "Super Hero Team-Up." The collection of crossover stories is due next month, and is now officially boring.
I guess, the term has run it's course through pop culture over the last year and is already starting to seem cliche and dated. But, the superhero genre is genuinely bromantic, no? And second only to professional wrestling in latent homo eroticism (see photo above).
To fill the gap, Comics Alliance has published a tongue-in-cheek listing of the greatest bromances in super hero history. Who knew that Booster Gold and Blue Beetle opened a tropical resort together?
What do you think, GG? Time to let the bromance phenomenon fade away? Ours will be the final word, I'm sure.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Straight Truth: Cosmo is Clueless
- Straight(?) Guy Hall of Shame: 80s Video Dating Ed...
- No Gays in Fame?
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Objectification Saves the D...
- Nice Moves: The Tired Dance/Football Mashup
- Summer Lovin': Party in the Fire Island Pines
- The Gay/Straight Spare Time Debate: An Hour to Kil...
- The Referendum on Difference
- Straight Guy Gift Guide: Bottle Opener Tie
- One of These Days, These Boots
- Gay Guy a Gym Going
- Gay/Straight Comic Update: Bromance Denied
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Eye Candy Caddies
- Beach Bods: Pleading the Fifth
- More on Gay/Straight Clothing Brand Divide
- Gay/Straight Clothing Debate: "Clothes Make The Ma...
- Straight Guy Surrenders. Internet Wins.
- Targetting Gays
- Gay/Straight Adwatch: No Go, Girlfriend
- Give Me a Ring Sometime
- No Jokes About Extra Nuts...
- ▼ September (21)
- ► 2008 (148)