Gay/Straight Stereotype Alert: What Women Want
see more Funny Graphs
Found this on the web today. Mostly a slam at straight guys, but don't you find this kind of logic ("All the good ones are gay or taken!") a little insulting, too? If I know a couple of nerdy, jerky, or not-so-bright gay guys, you must know dozens.
Plus, our graphs are so much better than this, right?
Sure the logic is off, but lots of gay guys subscribe to a version of this chart, not just straight women. I do hear a memorable number of women -- some of a certain age, some in major urban areas that attract/are a good home for gay men--that say exactly what you suggest: "All the good ones are gay or taken." I guess I should take it as a compliment and run. (Not that I am especially evolved versus the average straight guy, but I do still get a few "If only you were straight, Gay Guy," from single straight women friends.)
The gay guy version of the chart is, "All the good ones are already in relationships, on the rebound, or are so emotionally crippled/unavailable that they aren't worth the renovation costs." I am getting close to this mantra myself.
But that's the wound: Sure, it's easy and kinda fun to blame the environment, but by some principle of mathematics, you end up with, "I'm single, so I must be on the rebound (not) or an emotional toxic waste site." Not good options.
I look at some of my straight women friends and think, "How could you possibly be single -- you're attractive, nice, going some place with your life, have a manageable amount of emotional baggage." I say the same thing about some gay guy friends, too. But, there are also the ones who have such an emotion defense that the "why single?" questions answers itself. Or social skills that don't attract. Like a friend who was walking down the main drag of Provincetown -- gay summer mecca-- and flossing his teeth. Talk about cock block. Yep, I see why he's single.
One of my defense mechanisms, a pretty common one I think, is to look at an attractive gay man, and tell myself that he's most likely either dumb or stuck on himself. It's all jealousy and based on zero data. Finding out that he could be nice, well-rounded, and down to earth would be proof that God can be unkind, and who needs more of that?
-- Gay Guy
P.S. Your graphs are SO much more interesting.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Halloween Costumes: The Cat's Out of the Bag
- Normal Boy Disguises
- What Happens When Malibu Ken Turned 50
- Manhood for Amateurs: Gay Guy/Straight Guy Book Re...
- Straight Guy Dictionary: Destructoporn
- Gay/Straight Survey Results: Boys DO Cry
- Gay Guy at the End of His (Jump) Rope
- Cowboy Boots? Girls? Gay Guy Video Confusion Ensue...
- Gay/Straight Poll: Who’s Crying Now?
- New Benchmarks for GG/SG
- Gay/Straight Advice: Gay Bar Regular -- Straight o...
- Marge Simpson in Playboy? Doh!
- Gay/Straight Advice: Come Up and Do Some Homework ...
- Do Tell
- Yeah, Well, Anybody Could Do That With a Camera
- No. I Do Not Need to Meet Your Wife
- Gay/Straight Gift Guide: Spread the Love
- Archie Up for a Polygamy? Maybe More?
- Gay/Straight Advice: The Doctors Are In
- Picking Up Men In Uniform: Double Dutch Treat
- Gay Guy Submits to Cliche, Declares "I Love a Man ...
- Straight Guy Gift Guide: Backpack Boat
- Gay/Straight Stereotype Alert: What Women Want
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2008 (148)