I was right! Kind of.
In a post earlier this summer, I mentioned that I was disappointed that Archie had proposed to Veronica (driving Betty to tears). My gut also told me that this wasn't the end of the A/B/V triangle.
In the new issue, Archie proposes to Betty. How is that even legal?
Turns out the multipart episode allows Archie to explore his future options by taking different side roads as he wanders down "memory lane." Yeah, it's a cheap gimmick, but sales are up from 2,500 copies earlier this year to 54,000 copies for the recent books (and those numbers are only for US-based comic shops).
Look, this is GG/SG , so we all know where this joke is headed. Why not let Arch explore ALL of his options. (Found via BuzzFeed but source unknown.) Hah. You go, Jughead.
Maybe I'm over-invested here because Betty and Veronica, along with Josie and the Pussycats, were a central focus of my early sexual awakening. Ohhh, Betty, Betty, Betty....
Oops. TMI? Well, too late now. I think GG is keeping a list somewhere. File Betty just after Barbarella, if you're wondering.
Does anyone else care about this? Does Archie even deserve either one?
[Check out this NYT slideshow for all of the REAL covers, some sample pages, and their story on the phenomenon.]
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Halloween Costumes: The Cat's Out of the Bag
- Normal Boy Disguises
- What Happens When Malibu Ken Turned 50
- Manhood for Amateurs: Gay Guy/Straight Guy Book Re...
- Straight Guy Dictionary: Destructoporn
- Gay/Straight Survey Results: Boys DO Cry
- Gay Guy at the End of His (Jump) Rope
- Cowboy Boots? Girls? Gay Guy Video Confusion Ensue...
- Gay/Straight Poll: Who’s Crying Now?
- New Benchmarks for GG/SG
- Gay/Straight Advice: Gay Bar Regular -- Straight o...
- Marge Simpson in Playboy? Doh!
- Gay/Straight Advice: Come Up and Do Some Homework ...
- Do Tell
- Yeah, Well, Anybody Could Do That With a Camera
- No. I Do Not Need to Meet Your Wife
- Gay/Straight Gift Guide: Spread the Love
- Archie Up for a Polygamy? Maybe More?
- Gay/Straight Advice: The Doctors Are In
- Picking Up Men In Uniform: Double Dutch Treat
- Gay Guy Submits to Cliche, Declares "I Love a Man ...
- Straight Guy Gift Guide: Backpack Boat
- Gay/Straight Stereotype Alert: What Women Want
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2008 (148)