Great posts. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had the perfect plan.
I was watching on TV, but was close enough to hear the crowd's roar when he arrived and took the oath. Wow.
I wish I had more to contribute beyond what's been said so well by so many others. But I don't, so I'll keep in brief.
Just know that I am one of many straight, white, middle class, middle aged men who are embracing change, too. That counts for something, right?
Allow me a catty comment, too, GG. The parade was pitiful. It was late, long, and boring... the Bermuda triangle of entertainment snafus. I felt sorry for Barack and Michelle, who were polite enough to stick it out when all other grandstand guests had departed. The crowd was long gone, too. Of course they were, they waited for hours in the freezing cold to see the Obamas and were not going to stick around afterwards to see two hours of lawn mower drill squads. Why can't we edit this whole thing down, bump up the kitsch, and make the headliner the final act?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Getting Straight Guys to Read the Romance Classics...
- Straight Guy Pop Culture Round-Up
- Straight Guy Loves His Mac... Not That There's Any...
- Inauguration Nation
- Sweet Day
- And in With the New
- Yes We Can
- Just One More Day
- In the Lap of Luxury
- Is That a Finial on Your Curtain Rod? Or Are You J...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: They Just Can't Help It
- The Best of Gay 2008: Because Gay.Com Tells Me So
- Giving Hope to Geeks, Too
- Joy of Sex: The Little Cookbook of Straight Life, ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Campari, The Gay, Straight,...
- Gay Underwear/Straight Underwear: A Brief Post
- Is He Gay or Straight?: Underwear Test
- Does This Yoga Mat Make Me Look Gay?
- Gay Straight Ad Watch: Photo-Chopped
- More 2008 Stats
- ▼ January (20)
- ► 2008 (148)