New president in the White House, new agenda, new White House Web site.
I didn't expect to find LGBT issues front and center on the White House Web site, especially on day one. . . did I even expect LGBT issues at all?
Check out President's Agenda/ Civil Rights on the whitehouse.gov:
Support for the LGBT Community
"While we have come a long way since the Stonewall riots in 1969, we still have a lot of work to do. Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans. It's about whether this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect."
-- Barack Obama, June 1, 2007
Then a list of specifics.
Change HAS come to the White House. Is this a dream?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Getting Straight Guys to Read the Romance Classics...
- Straight Guy Pop Culture Round-Up
- Straight Guy Loves His Mac... Not That There's Any...
- Inauguration Nation
- Sweet Day
- And in With the New
- Yes We Can
- Just One More Day
- In the Lap of Luxury
- Is That a Finial on Your Curtain Rod? Or Are You J...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: They Just Can't Help It
- The Best of Gay 2008: Because Gay.Com Tells Me So
- Giving Hope to Geeks, Too
- Joy of Sex: The Little Cookbook of Straight Life, ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Campari, The Gay, Straight,...
- Gay Underwear/Straight Underwear: A Brief Post
- Is He Gay or Straight?: Underwear Test
- Does This Yoga Mat Make Me Look Gay?
- Gay Straight Ad Watch: Photo-Chopped
- More 2008 Stats
- ▼ January (20)
- ► 2008 (148)