You know I'm a big Dan Savage fan. Now that's a writer! Much as I like Savage, I don't remember to read his column every week.
But the Thanksgiving holiday gave me more reading time. I loved the first post in this week's column, called Crossing Over. Read his advice to SEFOG.
Savage is gay, so there's some expertise in part of his response to SEFOG:
"I'm going to share a little secret with you about gay men: We're men, real men, just like straight men. We're good at having sex without getting emotionally attached—some of us are a little too good at it—and a single gay man, like a single straight man, rarely passes up a chance to get with someone he's attracted to, even if he wants more than that person can give."
I don't really agree with Savage; I think there comes a point in a gay man's life where you just can't bang (pun intended) your head against the wall fighting the imbalance between what you get and what you want.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Straight Except for One Guy
- More Pilgrims' Progress
- Gay Guy Mayflower Madness
- Gay Guy/Straight Guy Furniture Tastes Clash
- Gay/Straight Update: Saturday & Sunday Night Live
- Modelling Behavior?
- Oh, Crepe!
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: What a Bum!
- Beer Test
- GG/SG: Now in Our Third Year
- Feeling Like Crepe?
- What is Marriage?
- Meat Markets...
- Gay/Straight Hall of Shame: (Rated) X-Men
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: WTF, FAO?
- Out of the Woods, Into a Show
- New Trunks for Your Junk
- Gay Guy/Straight Guy Dilemna: Underwear Ads Where ...
- OK, Adam Lambert, We Get It!
- Ad Watch: Gay and/or Straight Ads and Commercials
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: The Closet (x2)
- ▼ November (21)
- ► 2008 (148)