Hardcore Punks: Noddin' Their Heads Like Yeah!
Just had to share this video with you. It's really a response to your Summer Lovin': Party In the Fire Island Pines post from last September.
Yes. Let's assume that the lipsyncers from your post are gay. Let's also assume that the dudes from this Atlanta hardcore rage/rap/rave event are not that gay, if at all. At least we can assume that they don't shop from the same catalogs. What does it prove?
Well, for one thing, Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" has an undeniable hook. When that second, fuzzy, electro baseline kicks in, everyone starts shaking booty. Yes, the lyrics are inane, but any more so than other pop essentials like "Hound Dog" or "Twist and Shout"?
Most importantly, there's something sincerely joyful about both videos. I'm not catching the scent of mockery or cynicism in either one. Hannah Montana is bridging the gay-straight divide!
Miley recently had to admit that, despite the lyrics, she couldn't name a single Jay-Z song. So, duh, the song is pure corporate product, straight from The Man. But so are the sugar cereals that I love so much. And I ain't giving up my Cocoa Pebbles, either.
When the hook catches you, prepare to get reeled in.
Readers, have I said too much?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Ice Dancing...
- Too Much Soy Makes a Gay Boy
- Hardcore Punks: Noddin' Their Heads Like Yeah!
- The Basketball Diatribes
- Gay Guy to Bigot: Interesting Word Choice with 'Ba...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Wrangling Wild Animals
- Gay/Straight Update: Onion Outs Fundamentalist Tee...
- Naked Truth
- Sweet Video Clip
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Enjoy Your Nature
- Battle of the Gays?
- Gay/Straight Hall of Shame: Creatures Stirring and...
- Gay Guy Catches Up: The Post That Wasn't
- Gay/Straight TV Watch: Meat and Greet
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)