I have a good feeling that writing this post will be a blast for me.
Read this article about soy causing homosexuality. Read on, it'll all start to make a certain kind of sense. It's a three-year-old post found on WND.com, which is World Net Daily, but should be Wackadoo Net Daily.
Here's the synopsis: The author, Jim Rutz, makes the claim that increased consumption of soybean products is "feminizing." With soy you're getting substantial quantities of the female hormone estrogen, which, according to the author, is beating the crap out of guys' testosterone. Babies are most at risk, but be warned, my fellow grown men, tofu should take the blame for "suppressing your masculinity and stimulating your 'female side,' physically and mentally."
Thank you, Mr. Rutz, but somehow, I suspect the science could use a little tightening; I doubt it's up to NIH standards. I would follow a soy=Japan, Japan=kimono, kimono=drama queen's version of sweat pants argument, but that's as far as my rational mind will take me.
There's even worse news: Mr. Science also tells us that soy "decreases the size of the penis." Oh my, GG does acknowledge that this does warrant further study.
Repeat: I am NOT making this up.
Readers, I've never worked up much of a taste for soy milk, but SG looks at it with an expression usually reserved for a dirty diaper. Ages ago, SG and I were eating lunch in the office kitchen, where colleague found her soy milk had gone missing from the frig. "Who drank my soy milk?" she demanded. SG gave her a slow burn, the memory of which still makes me giggle.
The good news is that soy sauce is fine. No word yet on those packets of duck sauce.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Ice Dancing...
- Too Much Soy Makes a Gay Boy
- Hardcore Punks: Noddin' Their Heads Like Yeah!
- The Basketball Diatribes
- Gay Guy to Bigot: Interesting Word Choice with 'Ba...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Wrangling Wild Animals
- Gay/Straight Update: Onion Outs Fundamentalist Tee...
- Naked Truth
- Sweet Video Clip
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Enjoy Your Nature
- Battle of the Gays?
- Gay/Straight Hall of Shame: Creatures Stirring and...
- Gay Guy Catches Up: The Post That Wasn't
- Gay/Straight TV Watch: Meat and Greet
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)