I love it when people do my work for me. Sadly, it never happens during the day -- 2010 has been a nightmare so far. But every so often, people who make me angry make fools of themselves before I can. It takes some of the fun out of my life, but it's validating.
Imagine my utter joy to read this recent Baltimore Sun article. Synopsis: Maryland State Delegate Emmett Burns introduced legislation to ban recognition of same-sex marriages performed in other states and countries. Burns is trying to beat potential pressure when neighboring District of Columbia's same-sex marriage law goes live in March.
The quote I love:
"The issue is knocking on our doors," Burns said. "People will be flying over here, wanting to force us to accept their marriage licenses."
"Our back door is open, and it needs to be closed."
Yeah, Dude, you might wanna squeeze up your back door before the newly minted homo couples turn up.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Ice Dancing...
- Too Much Soy Makes a Gay Boy
- Hardcore Punks: Noddin' Their Heads Like Yeah!
- The Basketball Diatribes
- Gay Guy to Bigot: Interesting Word Choice with 'Ba...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Wrangling Wild Animals
- Gay/Straight Update: Onion Outs Fundamentalist Tee...
- Naked Truth
- Sweet Video Clip
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Enjoy Your Nature
- Battle of the Gays?
- Gay/Straight Hall of Shame: Creatures Stirring and...
- Gay Guy Catches Up: The Post That Wasn't
- Gay/Straight TV Watch: Meat and Greet
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)