In America, Wrangler markets their jeans as authentic western wear for hard working regular guys... one step up from Carhartt and Dickies. Brett Favre is their spokesman and that's about as edgy as they are going to get. Slogan: "You Can Count on Wrangler." They sell best to the Cabela's and NASCAR demographic, so you won't find many pairs of them at Coachella or Burning Man.
In Europe, it's the opposite, they are trying to brand Wranglers as an edgy option for the hipster crowd. No rules and anything goes. The perfect choice for an all night rave or IMF protest. Slogan: "We Are Animals."
Yeah. That dude in the ad above REALLY likes his Wranglers. Kinky.
So. What are you Wrangler? Straight and conservative? Or, primal and provocative?
Or, are you just trying to bridge the gap between right wingers and anarchists? Good luck with that.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Ice Dancing...
- Too Much Soy Makes a Gay Boy
- Hardcore Punks: Noddin' Their Heads Like Yeah!
- The Basketball Diatribes
- Gay Guy to Bigot: Interesting Word Choice with 'Ba...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Wrangling Wild Animals
- Gay/Straight Update: Onion Outs Fundamentalist Tee...
- Naked Truth
- Sweet Video Clip
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Enjoy Your Nature
- Battle of the Gays?
- Gay/Straight Hall of Shame: Creatures Stirring and...
- Gay Guy Catches Up: The Post That Wasn't
- Gay/Straight TV Watch: Meat and Greet
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)