Happy New Year! And, readers, Happy 2010 to you. I needed the end-of-year down time. Now back to "normal" and to blogging with resolve!
I'm always collecting articles to comment on, but I often run out of time or steam before they get posted. Here's something I had in the pipeline a month ago. Better late than never? Look for some more during the week.
SG, this story is right up your tech alley. Last November, BioWare released Dragon Age, a new video role-playing game for Play Station and Xbox. So far, so geek. If you choose to play as a male, you can have a romantic liaison with a male elf, Zevran. Hot!
Read the December New York Times story about the game.
Of course, conservatives got all cranked up about teen gaming guys getting it on with Zevran. Not because Zavran is an elf . . not that there's anything wrong with that . . . but because he's gay. Dragon Age, welcome to the culture wars.
The Q&A with Mike Laidlow the game's lead desinger, is a good read. My favorite quote: "Among the tools that we have as storytellers, I see romance as being one of the principal ones."
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Ice Dancing...
- Too Much Soy Makes a Gay Boy
- Hardcore Punks: Noddin' Their Heads Like Yeah!
- The Basketball Diatribes
- Gay Guy to Bigot: Interesting Word Choice with 'Ba...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Wrangling Wild Animals
- Gay/Straight Update: Onion Outs Fundamentalist Tee...
- Naked Truth
- Sweet Video Clip
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Enjoy Your Nature
- Battle of the Gays?
- Gay/Straight Hall of Shame: Creatures Stirring and...
- Gay Guy Catches Up: The Post That Wasn't
- Gay/Straight TV Watch: Meat and Greet
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)