Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Straight Guys Ruin Everything
"Kids, teens, pets, husbands... Ever wonder how you can keep your house clean?"
Children, animals, and straight guys. Run for the hills! This carpet's done for.
Sorry about the quality of the embedded video (lucky to find it all), but I saw this Stanley Steemer commercial recently and had to share. It's another example of using straight guys ("husbands") as a safe stereotype for advertisers. Who's bringing your home values down with those stained floors and carpets? Yeah. It's us and our crazy milkshake nonsense, and that's just for starters. Deal with it. But please call in the professionals while we're away, because someone's got to expunge all this dad-related filth, and it ain't gonna be us.
I guess they know their demographics on this, and frustrated moms and wives are probably their number one customers. I won't argue with that. But don't carpets sometimes just get dirty over time? Does there have to be a villain in this scenario?
How bad is it for straight guys? Well, Stanley often runs these short spots back to back... check out the company we share:
So, ladies, take your pick. Would you rather share carpets with your husband, or Skoots, the dog with tapeworms? Either way, you are doomed.
Gay Guy, you're in the clear. Please feel free to enjoy your shiraz and gazpacho anywhere you like.
Oh well. Milkshake time! Who's with me? Skoots?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Homo Depot?
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Is That a Wide-Angle Lens O...
- Finally, A Wardrobe Malfunction That a Gay Guy Can...
- Straight Guy Hall of Badassery: No Fear Edition
- HBO is Gayest TV
- My Blog Broke My Boyfriend: Gay Guy Lament
- To Love, Honor, and Shake What Your Momma Gave You...
- Family Road Trip Muscles Through to the End
- The Gay/Straight Roomate Debate
- Stockholm Syndrome: Straight Guy is 99% Gay
- GG/SG Adwatch: Matchbox Boys and Their Toys
- Family Reunion Surprise: When the Party's Not a Pa...
- On the Road With Gay Guy and His Parents: Day Two
- Straight Guy Hall of Badassery: Newsbrief
- "Straightening Up" the Apartment? A Gay Guy's Guid...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Tit for Tat
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Straight Guys Ruin Everythi...
- Nest Wrecking Hurts Everyone, Linda! Gay/Straight ...
- Straight Guys / Gay Movie
- Gaydar Check Needed on Straight Marriage Proposal
- Michael Jackson's Orientation?: "I'm Not Like Othe...
- Mrs. Slocombe: Yes, We Were Served, Thank You : A ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Miller "Innovations" Suppre...
- Camp Camp
- Gay Guy/Staight Guy Gym Class: Spin Me Round Like ...
- MJ Tribute
- ▼ July (26)
- ► 2008 (148)