The Scandinavian gay community has created a "funny" widget which will analyze your twitter feed to rate you against the "hetero norm" to tell you how you rank. Somehow this is in celebration of the upcoming Stockholm Pride festival. All in good fun, let's see how GG and I shape up...
Good Lord, what have I done? I'm gayer than Perez Hilton (39%)!
I realized that when GG and I started this project, there might be a little "gay by association" nonsense to deal with, but that was the whole point. We hoped that other folks could see that there's no need to self-segregate, or fear gay cooties (or straight cooties, for that matter).
Of course our subject matter might sway the results a bit. But completely? Now I might have to rethink my tweets. Can someone feed me about 500 straight-sounding 140-character essays? Some of the "found words" causing my present ranking: cola, sugar, fries, and wow. Sorry, not seeing the connection. Fries are gay? Wow. Oops! Would tweeting about Mr. Pibb and Tater Tots raise my score?
Perez ranks higher with the found words: Madonna and bitch. I even scored lower than Hugh Jackman who tweets about opera and South Beach. See what I mean? Hey Stockholm Pride, stop stereotyping me just because I'm friends with Gay Guy.
And I don't even like cola. I like lemonade. Wait, does that help my score?
Readers, if you tweet, run your feed and let us know how you do.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Homo Depot?
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Is That a Wide-Angle Lens O...
- Finally, A Wardrobe Malfunction That a Gay Guy Can...
- Straight Guy Hall of Badassery: No Fear Edition
- HBO is Gayest TV
- My Blog Broke My Boyfriend: Gay Guy Lament
- To Love, Honor, and Shake What Your Momma Gave You...
- Family Road Trip Muscles Through to the End
- The Gay/Straight Roomate Debate
- Stockholm Syndrome: Straight Guy is 99% Gay
- GG/SG Adwatch: Matchbox Boys and Their Toys
- Family Reunion Surprise: When the Party's Not a Pa...
- On the Road With Gay Guy and His Parents: Day Two
- Straight Guy Hall of Badassery: Newsbrief
- "Straightening Up" the Apartment? A Gay Guy's Guid...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Tit for Tat
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Straight Guys Ruin Everythi...
- Nest Wrecking Hurts Everyone, Linda! Gay/Straight ...
- Straight Guys / Gay Movie
- Gaydar Check Needed on Straight Marriage Proposal
- Michael Jackson's Orientation?: "I'm Not Like Othe...
- Mrs. Slocombe: Yes, We Were Served, Thank You : A ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Miller "Innovations" Suppre...
- Camp Camp
- Gay Guy/Staight Guy Gym Class: Spin Me Round Like ...
- MJ Tribute
- ▼ July (26)
- ► 2008 (148)