I love NPR's weekly news quiz show, "Wait, Wait. . . Don't Tell Me." Listening is addictive--my Saturday morning is incomplete without listening to it.
A segment of each show is "Not My Job," in which famous people are asked three questions about something they know absolutely nothing about. It's great fun. To give you an idea of how it words, one of the gem interviews of all time is Southern food celebrity chef and yummarific goddess Paula Deen trying to answer questions about tofu.
Today's special guests were two of the original members of the Village People--the Indian and the Construction Worker. Yes, the Village People live and in person, not just on vinyl. Listen to the Village People on today's Wait, Wait on NPR.
Ah . . . the Village People. So camp--but where would a wedding reception, high school reunion, or bat mitzvah be without a DJ and some Village People.
One of my favorite Gay Guy/Straight Guy stories from our 15+ year friendship is attending your wedding, SG. A total blast. Met lots of your friends at the reception. We chatted away until the DJ put on the Village People's "YMCA." I'm told that my head popped up like a Merkat. YMCA = My people are somewhere in the house! I think I pegged the only other other gay man there. If he wasn't, no matter. Everyone danced like mad. I can still see SG hopping up and down, making the "Y."
Good times, SG, good times.
SG, because I know you love the them so much, here's a bonus. Watch the Muppet's rendition of another Village People classic, "In the Navy."
P.S.: Another bonus track: Listen to Paula Deen take on tofu on her "Not My Job" segment.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Members Only, Episode 1
- Lilly Willy: Cialis Not Lost, Declares Guy Guy
- Men's Intuition: Trouble Straight Ahead
- Able to Leap Tall, Dark and Handsome in a Single B...
- Up . . . Up . . . . and a Gay
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Sneaky Gays
- Straight Guy Gift Guide: Bacon Bouquet
- Straight Guy State of the Union: Not Strong
- Gay/Straight Gift Guide: Handerpants
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Brownie Husband
- Wait, Wait . . . It's the Village People! Gay Guy ...
- Pecs Marky-Mark's the Spot
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Second City's Sassy Gay ...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Brendaaaaaa!
- So, No One is Flying Under the Gaydar?
- Too Many Easter Treats?
- Meet Kratos, God of War! (and Gay Icon?!?)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)