Straight Guy Gift Guide: Bacon Bouquet
Nothing says "I love you" like hand-crafted pork products. I haven't seen them for sale, but FastCompany published a how-to on their website. They call it a "broquet."
In the story, the creator admits that she was a vegan until bacon became her "gateway meat." Later, she came up with the bouquet concept as a way to seduce her hunky neighbor. It worked. For a while at least.
Side Note: I think Gay Guy knows that I briefly worked for a small-town slaughterhouse when I was in high school. One of my jobs was to take samples and a hotplate to local supermarkets to try and drum up business. I was paralyzed with stage-fright about making the pre-scripted pitch. I shouldn't have been. Nothing breaks the ice like hot fried pork. I was the life of the party. The only problem was the demographics. Very few teenage girls buy breakfast meats.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Members Only, Episode 1
- Lilly Willy: Cialis Not Lost, Declares Guy Guy
- Men's Intuition: Trouble Straight Ahead
- Able to Leap Tall, Dark and Handsome in a Single B...
- Up . . . Up . . . . and a Gay
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Sneaky Gays
- Straight Guy Gift Guide: Bacon Bouquet
- Straight Guy State of the Union: Not Strong
- Gay/Straight Gift Guide: Handerpants
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Brownie Husband
- Wait, Wait . . . It's the Village People! Gay Guy ...
- Pecs Marky-Mark's the Spot
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Second City's Sassy Gay ...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Brendaaaaaa!
- So, No One is Flying Under the Gaydar?
- Too Many Easter Treats?
- Meet Kratos, God of War! (and Gay Icon?!?)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)