Gay/Straight Viral Video: Second City's Sassy Gay Friend
What, what, what are you doin', Straight Guy?
Whatever it is, here's Sassy Gay Friend to the rescue. Well, not really, because you're not a woman, and this is a blog and not a play by Shakespeare. But otherwise, he's here for you.
Take a look at these three vids from Second City. Basic nibbet: Sassy Gay Friend inserts himself into one of Shakespeare's works (he's up to three so far) to keep heroines from doing something very stupid, even if that's her literary destiny. (She's not self destructive, she's just written that way.)
There's so much that's wrong with the Sassy Gay Friend concept. It hits so many gay stereotypes. The sass, the scarf, the finger waving. Let me tell you, SG, it's a burden to be so witty and fabulous all the time. To be the only one to see the truth? Stereotype? Sure. Doesn't keep the vids from being funny.
Gay guys make a girl's best friend for lots of reasons. Top of the list is shouting out when a guy is a dud.
"Look at your life! Look at your choices!" You don't need to be one of Shakespeare's heroines to benefit.
See Sassy Gay Friend rescue Ophelia in Hamlet and Desdemona in Othello.
Just want to add my warning that the phrase "stupid bitch" is for satirical gay use only. Don't be tempted, straight guys, you can't pull it off.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Members Only, Episode 1
- Lilly Willy: Cialis Not Lost, Declares Guy Guy
- Men's Intuition: Trouble Straight Ahead
- Able to Leap Tall, Dark and Handsome in a Single B...
- Up . . . Up . . . . and a Gay
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Sneaky Gays
- Straight Guy Gift Guide: Bacon Bouquet
- Straight Guy State of the Union: Not Strong
- Gay/Straight Gift Guide: Handerpants
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Brownie Husband
- Wait, Wait . . . It's the Village People! Gay Guy ...
- Pecs Marky-Mark's the Spot
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Second City's Sassy Gay ...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Brendaaaaaa!
- So, No One is Flying Under the Gaydar?
- Too Many Easter Treats?
- Meet Kratos, God of War! (and Gay Icon?!?)
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)