I found this article last week but didn't get the chance to post it.
The December issue of Men's Health has Taylor Lautner, sadly shirted, on the cover. No big surprise there. But, as the Yahoo article reports, the headlines to the left of his photo are a word-for-word repeat of those on the left side of the October 2007 cover, which featured Jason Staham. Read the news.
"Abs: See Results in Just 9 Days."
"Dress for More Sex."
"Gain Muscle, Lose Pounds."
Men's Health says it was an intentional marketing ploy. I don't buy it, mostly because I do buy it, the magazine that is. If there is one thing I've learned from reading Men's Health, which I'll admit has a seductive gay soft-core porn aspect to it, is that they have about half a dozen articles up their editorial sleeve. Most of them go something like this: "Eat Anything You Want and Lose Weight," "Do Nothing to Be Attractive or Interesting and Still Get Women Humming Your Tune" and "Get a Great Body Without Getting Getting Your Body Off the Sofa." They were doomed to repeat a cover or two.
It's not Men's Health's fault. It's because they write for men.
Men are men. Straight or gay, we men have lots in common. We're essentially lazy. And childlike. In the back of our teeny underdeveloped brains we basically think we can get something for nothing most of the time. Generally speaking, I find that women are more alert that life requires effort and putting in some labor.
Straight Guy, Readers . . . Have I unfairly slammed my bretheren?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- New Year's Resoutions: No Spare Change
- Gay/Straight Debate: A Few of Our Favorite Things
- Gay Guy Says: Man, Don't Give Me That Same Old Li...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Holiday Edition
- Capital Christmas: DC Allows Same Sex Marriage
- Manscaping Takes No Christmas Break
- Gay/Straight Holiday Gift Guide: Hot Calendars for...
- Gay/Straight Grooming Alert: Beware the Clawz!
- The Interview, the Whole Interview, and Nothing bu...
- Gay Guy's Closet: Tool not Tulle
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Sex Sells and Anything Goes...
- He Said, He Said: The Gay Guy / Straight Guy Inter...
- Gay/Straight Singer Debate: Divas vs....
- Gay Student Refuses to Skirt the Issue
- Wordle from Our Recent Posts, No Surprises
- Straight Guy Surrenders, Internet Wins (again)
- Fallen Angels
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Body Double
- No More, Mr. Fancypants
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2008 (148)