Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you. Sorry we've been slow in posting. Gay Guy is traveling and I've been doing the shopping, snow shoveling, and in-laws shuffle.
Hope it's not too late for us to post our quadrant graph on holiday likes and dislikes. We might share some cookies or something, but we're guy coworkers, so no secret Santa thoughtful knickknacks or sentimental cards necessary, thank you. The only firm tradition we share together is to skip lunch one day each December to go shopping for toys for kids at our hospital and the Toys for Tots program. The thought that some kids might feel marginalized or forgotten (while the rest of the world is celebrating) drives us out of our minds.
Some interesting notes on the graph:
• The only reason I ranked "getting" over "giving" is that I am so bad at choosing presents (wrong size, wrong color, already has one, etc.).
• Gay Guy may not rank sentimental commercials as a favorite, but he can't even talk about one (where the son returns from faraway early one snowy Christmas morning and awakens/surprises his mother with the smell of brewing coffee) without tearing up.
• The Rockettes frighten me. Can't really explain why.
Readers, now that you've survived (except for New Year's Eve), let us know what gives you the holly jollies or bah humbugs.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- New Year's Resoutions: No Spare Change
- Gay/Straight Debate: A Few of Our Favorite Things
- Gay Guy Says: Man, Don't Give Me That Same Old Li...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Holiday Edition
- Capital Christmas: DC Allows Same Sex Marriage
- Manscaping Takes No Christmas Break
- Gay/Straight Holiday Gift Guide: Hot Calendars for...
- Gay/Straight Grooming Alert: Beware the Clawz!
- The Interview, the Whole Interview, and Nothing bu...
- Gay Guy's Closet: Tool not Tulle
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Sex Sells and Anything Goes...
- He Said, He Said: The Gay Guy / Straight Guy Inter...
- Gay/Straight Singer Debate: Divas vs....
- Gay Student Refuses to Skirt the Issue
- Wordle from Our Recent Posts, No Surprises
- Straight Guy Surrenders, Internet Wins (again)
- Fallen Angels
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Body Double
- No More, Mr. Fancypants
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2008 (148)