Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Holiday Edition
In our last edition of Ad Watch, we got some negative feedback on ads which featured themes of adultery as well as senior citizen sexuality. To those who were upset, I'd like to apologize. But I can't. Because here's an ad that packs both themes into a 30-second spot. And, as a final punchline, murder!
Ah, those sentimentalists at Boost Mobile.
Look, I have a soft spot for those RankinBass stop-motion animated specials. I also know that they are so stylized and formulaic that they are ripe for satire. But why do we have to jump all the way to porn spoofs like this or to the ultraviolence of the Goodfella's inspired Raging Rudolph?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- New Year's Resoutions: No Spare Change
- Gay/Straight Debate: A Few of Our Favorite Things
- Gay Guy Says: Man, Don't Give Me That Same Old Li...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Holiday Edition
- Capital Christmas: DC Allows Same Sex Marriage
- Manscaping Takes No Christmas Break
- Gay/Straight Holiday Gift Guide: Hot Calendars for...
- Gay/Straight Grooming Alert: Beware the Clawz!
- The Interview, the Whole Interview, and Nothing bu...
- Gay Guy's Closet: Tool not Tulle
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Sex Sells and Anything Goes...
- He Said, He Said: The Gay Guy / Straight Guy Inter...
- Gay/Straight Singer Debate: Divas vs....
- Gay Student Refuses to Skirt the Issue
- Wordle from Our Recent Posts, No Surprises
- Straight Guy Surrenders, Internet Wins (again)
- Fallen Angels
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Body Double
- No More, Mr. Fancypants
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2008 (148)