The Family Circus Has Subtext?!?!


Wow. I can't be the only one who noticed this and did a double-take. The cleavage, the pole, the money, the raised heel, the near embrace...

Is Bil Keane's marriage in trouble or something? It's just so off-note for this strip. And, hey, is that other woman inspecting the china or Bill's booty?

I scan the comics daily for a few favorites and a few strips that I loathe but can not ignore. I know, I know. Why torture myself? I have no reasonable answer for why I continue to follow Family Circus and Sally Forth. (More on the soul-sucking Sally Forth soon.)

I guess this is why. Go on with your bad self, Mack Daddy Bill.

Praying we get part 2 of this tomorrow...

--Straight Guy

3 comments:

Gay Guy said...

Why does Family Circus still exist? What family does it at all resemble? It was dated why I was a puppy.

I know Family Circus makes you crazy, SG. Why do you keep reading it?

The comic pages are not the same since For Better or Worse ended. . . .

Straight in Upstate said...

I refuse to read any comic that A) my dad read as a boy or B) the original artist is dead (sorry, Sparky Schultz). Is Bil Keane even still alive? Oh, I'll add a C)where the cute little kids should be wearing Depends and eating dinner at 4:30 pm by now.

kathryn said...

My very first thought was that *someone's* marriage is in trouble. Mark my words...

Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive