Here's an entertaining spin on a sickening story:
I couldn't tell you if I've ever listened to an Ozzy Osbourne song. Today, I'm a fan.
Ozzy's crazy mad that the anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church hijacked the lyrics to his song "Crazy Train" during their protests at the Supreme Court this week. If you aren't aware of the case before the Court, get reading.
Let me try to sum it up in a paragraph, members of the Kansas church . . . I use the word through clenched teeth--churches are supposed to be about love and the church is made of pretty much one family--are anti-gay as a general principle; their web address is godhatesfags.com for Christ's sake. In some crazy logic, they habitually protest the private funerals of service men and women. It has nothing to do with soldiers' sexuality. Per Westboro, their deaths are God's punishment of the United States for its tolerance of homosexuality.
Insert ironic paragraph about the over-abundance of gay tolerance in this country.
"I am sickened and disgusted by the use of 'Crazy Train' to promote messages of hate and evil by a 'church,'" Ozzy said in a statement.
I don't have words for how nuts the Phelps family makes me.
The case is complicated. I'm all about freedom of speech but isn't the protection of expression about the public arena, not about inflicting personal distress?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Not Just Another Day at the Mall
- More on It Gets Better: True Colors
- Where's the Party?
- Product Watch: We Did Not Ask for Special Kleenex
- Gay Meets Straight: Punch Line or Sucker Punch?
- Are You There, David Lynch? It's Me, Gay Guy.
- Announcing: Gay Ads | Straight Ads
- Straight Guy Somewhere Writes Some Kind of Headlin...
- Straight Guys Ruin Everything: Glee
- Viral Video: Alec Baldwin Asks, Had Enough? Fight ...
- To Love, Honor, and -- Most Definitely -- Obey
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Lip Balm Ed...
- Straight Guy Surrenders, Interweb Wins... Again
- Update on It Gets Better: Gay Guy/Straight Guy Adv...
- Hall of Badassery: You Might Die, But It Might Be ...
- Gay/Straight Advice: It Gets Better
- Gay Meets Straight: Tips for Strips
- Ad Watch: Everyone's Gay In Amsterdam... Deal With...
- Go A Little Bit Crazy: Ozz v. Phelps
- Reader Survey: If I Only Had a Voice
- Not My Gay-List Life
- NFL: Pretty(?) in Pink
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)