Ad Watch: Everyone's Gay In Amsterdam... Deal With It!


Yes, I know that Amsterdam is a gay-friendly destination. But check out this campaign: Everyone's Gay in Amsterdam. KLM airlines must have some pretty persuasive in-flight entertainment, because by the time you land...

I have no idea if this campaign is working. It launched last year. I like the idea that the board of tourism plays up Holland's reputation as a tolerant (in so many ways) destination. While Vegas markets through shame ("What happens here, stays here"), Amsterdam encourages you to "just be."

But, does that mean I can still wear my dad jeans and sneakers? Or will my non-gay luggage get tossed in a canal?

Readers?

--Straight Guy

6 comments:

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Good for them!

I heard about the Don't Ask, Don't Tell thing on the news tonight, and I think the judge in California said they're blocking the policy...but GG probably already knows about that. :)

BosGuy said...

I'd settle for 25% of everyone being gay. At least there'd be more bar options if that was the case.

kathryn said...

Maybe they just want you to be happy. And if you're gay as well, all the better.

Go with the flow, SG!

Anonymous said...

Is the dog gay, too? I'm unclear what role it's supposed to be playing.

Gay Guy said...

Leave the dog's orientation out of this.

What a dog does in the privacy of his or her own kennel is their business. As long as they don't lick each others' butts in public.

Anonymous said...

But dogs HAVE to lick each others' butts in public. They are genetically wired for that.

Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive