We're launching a new feature here at GG/SG. The new tumblr blog is a byproduct of our semi-regular AdWatch feature.
As you know, we're interested in stuff that examines, celebrates, and/or exploits gay and straight stereotypes.
We'll still put a few ads on this blog from time to time. But we wanted to have have a quick catalog for all the of the print, web, and billboard ads that we see but don't always have the time to comment on.
The tumblr format is better for quick posts on a single topic, and makes it very easy to repost photos and videos from around the web. Readers can comment, ask a question, or share an ad.
Nothing will change here at GG/SG. But you can check out Gay Ads | Straight Ads at http://gayadsstraightads.tumblr.com/
Right now, there are a some new posts featuring TV ads from IKEA and Harley Davidson. Each uses the "almost caught cheating" theme, but with a twist. Check 'em out here.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Not Just Another Day at the Mall
- More on It Gets Better: True Colors
- Where's the Party?
- Product Watch: We Did Not Ask for Special Kleenex
- Gay Meets Straight: Punch Line or Sucker Punch?
- Are You There, David Lynch? It's Me, Gay Guy.
- Announcing: Gay Ads | Straight Ads
- Straight Guy Somewhere Writes Some Kind of Headlin...
- Straight Guys Ruin Everything: Glee
- Viral Video: Alec Baldwin Asks, Had Enough? Fight ...
- To Love, Honor, and -- Most Definitely -- Obey
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Lip Balm Ed...
- Straight Guy Surrenders, Interweb Wins... Again
- Update on It Gets Better: Gay Guy/Straight Guy Adv...
- Hall of Badassery: You Might Die, But It Might Be ...
- Gay/Straight Advice: It Gets Better
- Gay Meets Straight: Tips for Strips
- Ad Watch: Everyone's Gay In Amsterdam... Deal With...
- Go A Little Bit Crazy: Ozz v. Phelps
- Reader Survey: If I Only Had a Voice
- Not My Gay-List Life
- NFL: Pretty(?) in Pink
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)