Viral Vid: GI Jane (Austen) vs. Withering Romantics
I just can't keep up with the splash you are making with your Gee Whiz series. You leave my creativity as flat as a urinal deodorant puck.
To not put undo pressure on my pee-shy prose, I will venture into my own realm of expertise: the 19th century novel. (From urinals to chamber pots.)
You know that I love (most of) Jane Austen's novels. I know, I know. . . . a man reading Jane Austen screams gay. A lot of women I know look at me and my book shelves with horror, like I'm personally setting feminism back 100+ years.
But Austen's women weren't all insipid husband hunters. They had their own mojo and bravery.
I think this vid captures that Austen spirit.
P.S. Ages ago, I took off work early and hit a popular happy hour spot in the gayborhood. The place was still empty. The only other soul there was an attractive young man, leaning on the bar, lost in reading Pride and Prejudice. I thought I had pulled three cherries on the matrimonial slot machine in the sky. He was very sweet, home on a college holiday, catching up on his English lit assignments while putting his toe into the coming out pool. I think of him from time to time and hope that he landed happily. He was a jewel in the making.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Vid: GI Jane (Austen) vs. Withering Romantic...
- Gee Whiz: A Loo with a View
- Gee Whiz: Do NOT Stop to Smell the Roses!
- Gay, Straight, or Something Else?: PBR in a Champa...
- Gay/Straight Update: Settling for a Prom Date
- Toddler Activates Parents' Gaydar. Time Out Requir...
- Ad Watch: Pamela Anderson's Meat Market
- Gee Whiz: Check Your Ego at this Men's Room in Que...
- Why ?. . . (M.C.A)
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: 30 Days / 30 Dates
- Ad Watch: More Insults to My Manhood
- Gay Guy: "My World Cup Overfloweth"
- Ad Watch: Insulting Me Won't Help You Get My Organ...
- Viral Vid: "California Gays" -- It Was Inevitable
- Gay Guy Independence Day: Created Equal
- Straight Guy Public Service: Dirty Bikini Pictures...
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)