Following up on last week's post about the intimidating urinals in New Zealand, I'm going to start a new series for the blog called "Gee Whiz."
No one asked for this, but here they come.
The photo is of a custom urinal by California artist Clark Sorenson, who can craft them in the form of about 20 different flowers. I know you are partial to orchids, GG, and he features everything from Jack-in-the-Pulpit, to the Pink Lady Slipper. (I would have assumed that those were raunchy euphemisms, but apparently, they are actual flowers -- and now, urinals.)
They are not cheap, running about $8,000 each. Here they are installed at a garden center in England (link):
I vote no. I prefer not to drop trou in front of an apparatus that reminds me of the giant carnivorous plant from Little Shop of Horrors.
What do you think, Readers? Funny? Disrespectful? Intimidating?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Vid: GI Jane (Austen) vs. Withering Romantic...
- Gee Whiz: A Loo with a View
- Gee Whiz: Do NOT Stop to Smell the Roses!
- Gay, Straight, or Something Else?: PBR in a Champa...
- Gay/Straight Update: Settling for a Prom Date
- Toddler Activates Parents' Gaydar. Time Out Requir...
- Ad Watch: Pamela Anderson's Meat Market
- Gee Whiz: Check Your Ego at this Men's Room in Que...
- Why ?. . . (M.C.A)
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: 30 Days / 30 Dates
- Ad Watch: More Insults to My Manhood
- Gay Guy: "My World Cup Overfloweth"
- Ad Watch: Insulting Me Won't Help You Get My Organ...
- Viral Vid: "California Gays" -- It Was Inevitable
- Gay Guy Independence Day: Created Equal
- Straight Guy Public Service: Dirty Bikini Pictures...
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)