I just read this well-done article in Details magazine online. A great topic: What happens to dads, even "cool" dads, if they think their little kids might be traveling the Yellow Brick Road?
Definitely well written, and the dads in the article were being honest and real.
But it is just so tiresome that the button for "My kid is gay" is displaying stereotypically sissy behavior. Kid enjoys a princess Halloween costume, dad scared. Kid takes down his playmate, dad relieved.
The quote that hits it on the head of the nail:
"I think parents overestimate the miserable life their children will have if they're gay. I think what parents are really worried about is that having a gay child will somehow reflect poorly on their parenting."
Readers, what do you think? Butterfly wings okay for your kid?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Vid: GI Jane (Austen) vs. Withering Romantic...
- Gee Whiz: A Loo with a View
- Gee Whiz: Do NOT Stop to Smell the Roses!
- Gay, Straight, or Something Else?: PBR in a Champa...
- Gay/Straight Update: Settling for a Prom Date
- Toddler Activates Parents' Gaydar. Time Out Requir...
- Ad Watch: Pamela Anderson's Meat Market
- Gee Whiz: Check Your Ego at this Men's Room in Que...
- Why ?. . . (M.C.A)
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: 30 Days / 30 Dates
- Ad Watch: More Insults to My Manhood
- Gay Guy: "My World Cup Overfloweth"
- Ad Watch: Insulting Me Won't Help You Get My Organ...
- Viral Vid: "California Gays" -- It Was Inevitable
- Gay Guy Independence Day: Created Equal
- Straight Guy Public Service: Dirty Bikini Pictures...
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)