The Surfrider Foundation works to protect our oceans and beaches. They're out there on the sand and in the water, but they also have classroom education programs and public awareness campaigns. Great work all around.
Here's their timely campaign (planned pre-BP) on keeping our beaches pollution-free. These pin-up calendar photos are filthy! No, not the models -- the water and sand.
If any straight guys remain unaffected by news photos of turtles and pelicans covered in slimy crude, let them take a look at this, and see what's also at risk.
In terms of the greater tragedy in the Gulf, I'm at a loss, and constantly feeling like I should be doing something... other than being angry about it.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Vid: GI Jane (Austen) vs. Withering Romantic...
- Gee Whiz: A Loo with a View
- Gee Whiz: Do NOT Stop to Smell the Roses!
- Gay, Straight, or Something Else?: PBR in a Champa...
- Gay/Straight Update: Settling for a Prom Date
- Toddler Activates Parents' Gaydar. Time Out Requir...
- Ad Watch: Pamela Anderson's Meat Market
- Gee Whiz: Check Your Ego at this Men's Room in Que...
- Why ?. . . (M.C.A)
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: 30 Days / 30 Dates
- Ad Watch: More Insults to My Manhood
- Gay Guy: "My World Cup Overfloweth"
- Ad Watch: Insulting Me Won't Help You Get My Organ...
- Viral Vid: "California Gays" -- It Was Inevitable
- Gay Guy Independence Day: Created Equal
- Straight Guy Public Service: Dirty Bikini Pictures...
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)