A friend and I sat next to each other at a work retreat yesterday. At the end of the day, she asked me if I thought that one of the presenters is gay. I'm not completely certain either way, but I suspect that he's straight. She thinks he's straight, too, but admitted that her gaydar isn't as finely attuned as mine.
My gaydar went off only at a low decible, but I did check him out. The first thing I look for is a wedding ring. No ring on his wedding finger. Score a few points there. I finally decided that he's not gay -- nothing conclusive went off.
But, I'm not willing to write him off completely. On his right hand, he wears a signet ring. Very suspicious.
My friend had seen the signet ring, too, and it put a small dent in her confidence in his straightness.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- Straight Guy Foodporn: Pimp My Burger Edition
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Youch
- Gaydar Signet-ure
- Gay Guy Sick
- Digi Dad Decision Makers
- I Like Guys
- Harrison Ford: (Don't) Take My Wife. Please.
- Gaydar Check Needed on Tailgate Party Antics
- Gay/Straight Comedy Debate: What Are You Laughing ...
- Straight Guy's Mix Tapes: Goodbye to You
- Gay/Straight Dessert Debate: Check Out Our Quads!
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: The Sun Roa...
- Dog Days of Summer: Gay Guy Bites off More Than He...
- Go, Daddy, Go!
- Big Gay Ice Cream Truck
- Wake the Eff Up, Dagwood! A Continuing Saga...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Wrong Tool for the Job...
- Back to the Blog
- Remembering John Hughes
- Gay / Straight Flashback: Cheers' Boys in the Bar
- I'm Grudgingly Acceptable. I Can Live with That.
- Must've Been a Beautiful Baby... But It's Gonna Co...
- ▼ August (22)
- ► 2008 (148)