Check out today's Blondie strip.
Dagwood is in a jewelry shop. "Charm bracelets for men?! No thanks! Not a chance!" But by the final panel he's proudly showing off his new bling. Pinky up and everything.
The joke is a little interesting here. Is it that straight guys are just an easy sales target? Hypocrites? Or that our homophobia fades if we get the chance to truly express ourselves? Or that everyone just needs to be fabulous once in a while?
I'm not much for jewelry. I wear a plain wedding ring and have several wrist options from Timex, Inc. But these do exist, and manly charm options include skulls, guns, swords, and handcuffs(?).
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- City Watch: Things Gay Guy Would Love to See More ...
- Gay Card: It's a Fact
- Gift to Gay Guy: My Daguerreotype Boyfriend
- Comics Watch: Dagwood's New Charm Bracelet
- Media Watch: Broadway Musical Theater is "Not Just...
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Cufts
- Viral Video: Gotta Dance! Gotta Dance!
- Sunday Circular: He Got Clippy, and I Got Snippy
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)