Viral Video: Gotta Dance! Gotta Dance!
This past weekend was Gay Pride here. I was ready to write my annual post about my ambivalence about Pride. Plus last night was the Tony Awards, which is always good for a Pride/Tony Award gay-high-holy-days mash-up post.
But, so much better, into my lap fell this viral vid. Now THIS is something that gives me pride to the bone.
Spotlight dancer Robert Jeffrey released this video of himself at age 9 lip synching to Madonna's "Vogue" at a New Hampshire resort. It's hilarious and contagiously joyful.
I thrilled that his parents let him have such great fun at 9 and kept the video intact. My dad would have yanked me off of video shoot and/or burned the evidence. These parents action is the stuff that inspires Pride in me these days. Maybe I'm old and cranky.
Speaking of old and cranky --"Vogue" is 20 years old this year? Impossible.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- City Watch: Things Gay Guy Would Love to See More ...
- Gay Card: It's a Fact
- Gift to Gay Guy: My Daguerreotype Boyfriend
- Comics Watch: Dagwood's New Charm Bracelet
- Media Watch: Broadway Musical Theater is "Not Just...
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Cufts
- Viral Video: Gotta Dance! Gotta Dance!
- Sunday Circular: He Got Clippy, and I Got Snippy
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)