How do you vote on flip flops?
I have a lot of ambivalence about them, especially on men.
I grew up in a culture where flip flops were for girls. Unless guys were on the beach or in the locker room shower, they did not wear flip flops. The rules were strict -- irrational but strict.
In the past several years, flip flops have taken over the summer footwear scene. They are everywhere, worn with anything. Shorts, jeans, the occasional suit.
I find the look incredibly sexy when worn by a really nice looking guy. There is something carefree about them. Something that says "Just rolled out of bed and looking good." Something breezy. And verging on androgynous.
Unless I'm on the beach, no flip flops for me. My hang up about flip flops is the noise they make. That "thwack, thwack, thwack" sound. Clothes should not announce themselves.
Straight Guy, flip flops on men? Sexy? Stupid? Hot? Heinous?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Video: Funny or Die on Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Gay Guy Says: We're on TV, But We Rule Reality
- Ad Watch: Gay Shout Out to "Reservoir Dogs"
- Regret Me Not: "What Were People Thinking?"
- Hall of Badassery: They Can See My House From Ther...
- Gay Guy Query: Into Flip Flopping?
- Viral Video: Go, Daddy, Go
- My Friday Evening Post: Norman Rockwell
- Quiz: How Strong Are Your Austin Powers?
- Viral Video: Straight Guys Ruin Everything - Macho...
- Gay/Straight Advice: Tweedle-Glee and Tweedle-Glum...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Nobody Puts Baby Carrots in...
- Gay/Straight Cuisine: Any Queer in that Beer?
- Are Those Four Mozzarella Sticks in Your Sandwich ...
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)