Are Those Four Mozzarella Sticks in Your Sandwich or Are You Just Happy to See Me?
Fellow blogger Kathleen of Knit Like You Mean It sent us this NPR "Sandwich Monday" story. "Surely this is Gay Guy/Straight Guy fodder," she writes.
I don't know if there's a gay/straight take on four fried mozzarella sticks inserted into a grilled cheese sandwich, AKA the Denny's Fried Cheese Melt, but let's explore.
SG, Tell me, who reads this on a menu and says, "Mmmm, gotta have me some of that"? I couldn't eat this sandwich without 1) a sense of irony, 2) a $20 bet, 3) assurance that my stomach, etc., would have a reasonable window of privacy and modern plumbing to repair itself.
I don't like this sandwich, but it's not because I'm gay. That sandwich looks fatty and messy and sticky.
I know, you look at this and moan, "Where's the bacon?"
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Video: Funny or Die on Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Gay Guy Says: We're on TV, But We Rule Reality
- Ad Watch: Gay Shout Out to "Reservoir Dogs"
- Regret Me Not: "What Were People Thinking?"
- Hall of Badassery: They Can See My House From Ther...
- Gay Guy Query: Into Flip Flopping?
- Viral Video: Go, Daddy, Go
- My Friday Evening Post: Norman Rockwell
- Quiz: How Strong Are Your Austin Powers?
- Viral Video: Straight Guys Ruin Everything - Macho...
- Gay/Straight Advice: Tweedle-Glee and Tweedle-Glum...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Nobody Puts Baby Carrots in...
- Gay/Straight Cuisine: Any Queer in that Beer?
- Are Those Four Mozzarella Sticks in Your Sandwich ...
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)