Last evening was the Gay Pride Parade in my neighborhood. Remind me to drag you along next year. I can just see it: With my luck, you would get hit on, while I would get ignored.
What does a Pride parade say? Says we have it all, in who we are, and how we live. We have kids who love us, we have parents who love us, we have religion of every flavor, we have political candidates whoring for votes, we have sports teams (more wrestling singlets!), we have men's choruses, we have banks whoring for customers, we have mega gyms, we have drag queens and bars. Let's face it, if you've got a bank, a bar, and a drag queen, what more can you ask for? Especially on a Saturday night.
Mostly, we have Mardi Gras beads. Every color of the rainbow.
It was all fun. I enjoyed hanging friends. Saw some guys I hadn't seen in ages. Fun. Maybe next year I won't stay to the bitter end. The end of a pride parade is like when the lights come on at closing time in a bar. Not pretty.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Video: Sassy Gay Friend Strikes Again!
- Ad Watch: Translation Needed. Anyone Speak Gay/Fre...
- Gay Guy's First Gay Wedding: Champagne? Yes. Bouqu...
- Ad Watch: Straight Guys Ruin Everything - Internat...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: "31 Inches from Tip to...
- Gay, Straight, or Something Else?: Fancy Robot Bed...
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Is That Your Coccyx, o...
- Varla Jean Merman, I Love You
- Straight Guy FYI: Hey Baby, Wanna Play?
- Viral Video: Pure Testosterone and Mahem
- Boulevard of Broken Beads: Gay Guy's Pride Parade ...
- Ad Watch: The Real L Word... Nice Stems
- Come as You Are... No Tomatoes, Please
- The Busty Bait and Switch
- Summer Fashion Update: Trunk. Show.
- Gay/Straight Viral Vid: Gay McD's Ad Gets Spoofed,...
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Love and/or Marriage
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Expect the Unexpected, I Gu...
- Gay/Straight Viral Video: Boy Toy
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)