Gift to Gay Guy... Law and Order: UK
Many years ago, I gave GG an old TV from my basement for his new apartment. He had gone for years without one and in fact had lived in the last building in the city with no cable connection. He pointed the rabbit-ear-antenna toward the local PBS affiliate and seemed happy for quite a while.
More recently, I helped him go flatscreen, purchase a wi-fi laptop, and advised him on a cable hookup option. Almost immediately, he was sucked into a new reality full of Law & Order reruns, and we often lost track of him for days.
So, yes. You can blame me for the corruption of GG on this issue (and this issue, only -- other complaints, take a number). I'm sure his fancypants book club despises me, but something had to be done. How else could this blog have come to be?
We once had a lunch-long debate over which L&O casting change hurt the most. Yes, I know the loss of Jerry Orbach was painful for everyone. But, in terms of eye candy, was it the departure of Angie Harmon or Benjamin Bratt?
So, since he's a fan of British drama and addicted to the L&O franchise, I'd be irresponsible if I didn't point him toward Law & Order: UK which now airs on BBC America.
I had no idea it existed until an hour ago. But maybe he has found it already. Have any of you? Is it any good?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Gay Guy Sinks Into Sports Stereotype? Go Figure.
- Sports Watch: Don't Lutz, Don't Tell
- Product Watch: Oh No, They Didn't... Oh Yes, They ...
- Product Watch: Straight Guy Eats Luna Bars, Lives ...
- Product Watch: Fabulous, But Not Fat Free
- Period Drama. Drama. Period.
- Gift to Gay Guy... Law and Order: UK
- Let's Get Physical. The Pre-K Version
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Voice Print...
- Gay Guy Embraces La Dolce Vita Head On
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)