Right before Christmas, I finally overcame my financial fears and bought a plane ticket to Rome for a trip this spring. I have friends living in Rome for a short-term assignment, so now's the time. The ticket felt a bit steep, but you only live once.
Planning the trip came just in time for Santa's elves to do some Christmas shopping. My nieces gave me an Italian phrase book.
I flipped through the book just to see where my eye landed. And here's the first phrase I saw: "Fa male urinare," which is Italian for "It hurts to urinate." Wow, who knew that Gonorrhea and Chlamydia were Italian tourist destinations?
I hope not to use that phrase. A second flip through the Italian phrase book yielded better results: "La colazione e inclusa?"
"Is breakfast included?" Words to live by.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Gay Guy Sinks Into Sports Stereotype? Go Figure.
- Sports Watch: Don't Lutz, Don't Tell
- Product Watch: Oh No, They Didn't... Oh Yes, They ...
- Product Watch: Straight Guy Eats Luna Bars, Lives ...
- Product Watch: Fabulous, But Not Fat Free
- Period Drama. Drama. Period.
- Gift to Gay Guy... Law and Order: UK
- Let's Get Physical. The Pre-K Version
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Voice Print...
- Gay Guy Embraces La Dolce Vita Head On
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)