It was bound to happen. As you know, Mrs. Straight Guy is an athlete. Marathons, triathlons, distance swimming, etc.
I share none of these interests. But I am often looking for a snack, and am known to be less than picky, so eventually I tore into her stash of "Caramel Nut Brownie" bars. That was a few years -- and many Luna Bars -- ago.
Why are Luna Bars for women? I don't really know. It says so on the wrapper. And there are silhouettes of ballet dancers with pony tails. Some of the proceeds go to breast cancer research. It contains folic acid, which is good for women who want to conceive, but also healthy for everyone else in the world, too.
Sorry, Ladies. Not scary enough to keep a hungry dude in check. Give me a Blueberry Bliss and a Lemon Zest, too.
I checked the official website just now: "There is nothing in a LUNA bar that is not good for men. However, LUNA bars are specifically formulated to provide women with the nutrients that are often harder for them to get."
Apparently, there's a persistent urban myth that too many Luna Bars will cause a man to grow breasts. [link] Whatever, suckers.
Did I mention? Caramel. Nut. Brownie. In my kitchen. Case closed.
And if I have a backache (non-exercise-related, of course)... Toss me two Pamprin. We'll see how that goes, too.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- Gay Guy Sinks Into Sports Stereotype? Go Figure.
- Sports Watch: Don't Lutz, Don't Tell
- Product Watch: Oh No, They Didn't... Oh Yes, They ...
- Product Watch: Straight Guy Eats Luna Bars, Lives ...
- Product Watch: Fabulous, But Not Fat Free
- Period Drama. Drama. Period.
- Gift to Gay Guy... Law and Order: UK
- Let's Get Physical. The Pre-K Version
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Voice Print...
- Gay Guy Embraces La Dolce Vita Head On
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)