Homogenius or Just Homo Just Above Average?
One of our poker buddies forwarded this today. I'd never heard of this game, had you?
The board game is a Trivial Pursuit knock-off. All the questions are gay culture-related, thus it's "Homogenius." Could be fun, but I am suspicious. If knowing where the saying "friend of Dorothy" comes from is a standard for intellectual challenge, it's both easy and stereotypic. Spoiler alert: Answer is the influence of gay icon film Wizard of Oz.
From the press info: Homogenius "celebrates gay culture and explores the contributions that gay personalities have made to theater, music, movies, television, publishing and politics." Aaarrgh. 1) Gays are people, not personalities. We are not fab celebs in training. 2) Probably doesn't make for a good board game, but we also make contributions to teaching, landscaping, dentistry and contracting. I wish my gay life was half as glam . .
SG, will this be a substitution for poker? Switch out Texas Hold 'Em for Chelsea Fuck 'Em? Since I'm the only gay man who comes, you worried about me taking all your chips? You like to bluff when we play poker -- can you bluff your way through Homogenius?
I don't think I need this for Christmas., but if you find gay Yahtzee, pick it up. Don't know why, but Yahtzee just sounds gay.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Viral Video: Miracle on 22nd Street, from NYT
- Ho-Moe Outed: Too Personal a Personal?
- Raindrops on Roses and Soap on a Rope: GG/SG Favor...
- Further Fundraising Follies: To Friend or Not to F...
- Fundraising Folly: Gay Guy Advice for PBS
- Oh, There's a New Face at Home for the Holidays
- Benny and the Sweat
- Straight Guy Hall of Shame: Christian Pick-Up Tech...
- Bright Lights, Big Daddy
- Things Straight Guy Hates Immediately: Frou Frou C...
- Homogenius or Just Homo Just Above Average?
- Khaki Diaper Butt, Reddi Wip, Monkey Sex, and Self...
- Gay/Straight Advice: Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
- Product Watch: Dead Sexy
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)