Why is Dick Button Wearing a Flannel Shirt and Trucker Cap?
This report is almost a year old, but this seems to be the right time for GG/SG to put it out there.
The quick clip of the dude dropping the lady on her face is not funny. But it is odd that ABC news used it to emphasize how dangerous the sport is for men.
I didn't see all of the male skaters last night, mostly because there were way too many. Can't we cut this list to the 10 front runners -- you know, the ones that can actually perform the required jumps? But I guess NBC knows where their ratings are.
I did see Johnny Weir, and he gives you no choice but to love him or hate him. Props for that level of confidence, AND for completing his jumps, but you still can't count me as a fan.
Does a campaign to toughen up the sport stand a chance? From what I saw last night (rococo costumes and finger flourishes galore -- ooh, did I just type that?), it certainly hasn't caught on yet. Though I'm not sure that seeing sweatpanted ex-hockey players pump their fists after a successful lutz is the answer either. There's got to be some room in the middle.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Gay/Straight Update: You Prob'ly Think This Blog I...
- "You're Wearing That?" Gay Guy Olympic Outfit Guid...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Slave for Cigs
- Devil in the Details: Are These Eggs Gay, or Just ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Feed the Diva
- Why is Dick Button Wearing a Flannel Shirt and Tru...
- It's Gonna Be OK, Just D-D-D-Dance
- Trojan Condoms: Clip, Save, and Power Up
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Superbowl Wrap-up
- Gay Guy Has Straight Guy Bathoom Envy?
- Gay Guy Turns His Nose at Stinky Trend?
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)