Translation: "To smoke is to be a slave to tobacco."
Here's the latest from the French anti-smoking lobby Droits des Non-fumeurs (Nonsmokers’ Rights). Many people are shocked at the metaphor, but I get it. Break through by showing teens that what they view as an independent, rebellious act is really just being used as a tool by The Man... errr... L'Homme. But geez, that's harsh.
President of the nonsmokers group: "Using sex is a way to get their attention. And if it’s necessary to shock, let’s shock."
One criticism: "The campaign trivializes sexual abuse — worse, it implies guilt on the part of the abused." I get that, too.
Links: NYTimes & HuffPost
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Gay/Straight Update: You Prob'ly Think This Blog I...
- "You're Wearing That?" Gay Guy Olympic Outfit Guid...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Slave for Cigs
- Devil in the Details: Are These Eggs Gay, or Just ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Feed the Diva
- Why is Dick Button Wearing a Flannel Shirt and Tru...
- It's Gonna Be OK, Just D-D-D-Dance
- Trojan Condoms: Clip, Save, and Power Up
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Superbowl Wrap-up
- Gay Guy Has Straight Guy Bathoom Envy?
- Gay Guy Turns His Nose at Stinky Trend?
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)