Big news (CNN). Carly Simon has revealed that the subject of her anti-guy tirade "You're So Vain," was not one of the high-profile straight lotharios who have crossed her path (James Taylor, Warren Beatty, Kris Kristofferson).
If you play the new version of the song backwards, she identifies David as the man in question. So speculatively, it turns out the arrogant object of her wrath was more likely her producer, David Geffen, who, although gay, was perhaps too focused on the career of another rival songstress, Joni Mitchell.
I only point this out because the circumstance of straight women finding GAY guys to be comparatively insensitive is so effing rare. It's good to be out of that spotlight for a change. Deal with it, GG.
C'mon, the lyrics rhymed his "scarf was apricot" with a line about dancing the "gavotte," and even in 1972, that must have been a tipoff. Or was gaydar still in the R&D phase?
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Gay/Straight Update: You Prob'ly Think This Blog I...
- "You're Wearing That?" Gay Guy Olympic Outfit Guid...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Slave for Cigs
- Devil in the Details: Are These Eggs Gay, or Just ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Feed the Diva
- Why is Dick Button Wearing a Flannel Shirt and Tru...
- It's Gonna Be OK, Just D-D-D-Dance
- Trojan Condoms: Clip, Save, and Power Up
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Superbowl Wrap-up
- Gay Guy Has Straight Guy Bathoom Envy?
- Gay Guy Turns His Nose at Stinky Trend?
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)