Did you catch this page in your recent Sunday coupons section? Just in time for Valentine's Day, condom coupons. I had no idea that condoms had gone so deeply mainstream. You know something has arrived when it has its own coupon. And, $5 off ain't bad.
Over my (sexual) lifetime, condoms have mostly been associated with gay men and their safer sex practices. I know that straight men rely on condoms, too, but I think this is gay turf. Now I have to re-evaluate. What could be more straight than the Sunday coupon section. I think this ad is aimed at straight women.
Help me, Straight Guy. Look at the top right corner of the ad, at the $2 off coupon. It's for "any Trojan vibrating product." How the hell do condoms vibrate. You people really know how to get your freak on. Guess I should read the fine print.
Vibrating, eh? I barely understood when condoms advertised, "Ribbed for her pleasure." Kinda get the idea, but I'm still not sure that it's a product breakthrough. I'm pretty straightforward on my condoms. I've never needed to buy them -- between bars and Gay Pride parades, I get a free annual supply. TMI, I know.
Going out of town for a few days. I hope you and Mrs. Straight Guy have a nice Valentine's Day.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- Gay/Straight Update: You Prob'ly Think This Blog I...
- "You're Wearing That?" Gay Guy Olympic Outfit Guid...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Slave for Cigs
- Devil in the Details: Are These Eggs Gay, or Just ...
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Feed the Diva
- Why is Dick Button Wearing a Flannel Shirt and Tru...
- It's Gonna Be OK, Just D-D-D-Dance
- Trojan Condoms: Clip, Save, and Power Up
- Gay/Straight Ad Watch: Superbowl Wrap-up
- Gay Guy Has Straight Guy Bathoom Envy?
- Gay Guy Turns His Nose at Stinky Trend?
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2009 (267)
- ► 2008 (148)