The Cattlemen's Beef Board, better known by it's slogan "Beef, It's What's for Dinner," has an ongoing campaign featuring "Beefscapes." Click on the photo to enlarge the fleshy panoramas of beach, canyon, and mountain. [More ads and corresponding recipes here.]
The new slogan is "Discover the Power of Protein in the Land of Lean Beef."
Look, I fall into the straight guy stereotype on red meat. I like it. I cook it. I eat it. I don't ask too many questions. I'm not a vocal advocate one way or the other. But presenting meat at this epic scale is slightly... confrontational. That might be the point.
So I pity the vegetarian who wanders upon these ads unsuspectingly, especially in oversized publications like Rolling Stone.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- Straight Ledes, Gay WIns
- I'll Have the Chateau Latrobe
- Brideshead Revisited... Revisited..... Revisited
- Keeping Crack Legal
- Gay Guy Heel Thyself? Horn of Plenty?
- Defending the Batman
- Less Filling, Tastes Like Shoe
- To the Summit of Mt. Mignon!
- My Casual Fridays Are Officially Ruined!
- Gay Guy / Straight Guy / Mummer Guy
- "16... 16.... Do I Hear 17?.... Going once.....
- Twitter Twister
- Hadji and Bandit Know, But They Won't Tell
- Gay is Good, So Filter it Out
- What Not to Admit
- No Woman, Yes Cry
- ▼ July (16)