A new law in Michigan makes it a crime to wear droopy pants. Here's the full story from the Detroit Free Press. Based on the illustration, Blue Man Group is now public enemy number one.
I've never gotten the fad myself, but this always seemed pretty harmless to me. Ridiculous does not always equal dangerous, especially when the suspects have such a hard time running away.
Seriously, the police can't win this war. It's a slippery slope, and it might be sexually or racially biased depending on how it's enforced. "Thong Patrol," anyone? If any of these cases make it to trial, I predict a deadlocked jury, unable to formally agree on the definition and demarcations of "buttocks."
Important: If anyone is interested in creating a special enforcement unit for crimes against couture, please note that Gay Guy graduated at the top of his class from the Fashion Police Academy and is now reporting for duty. I once saw him leap from a moving vehicle to make a "citizen's arrest" having something to do with a plaid gaberdine. Very impressive.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- Straight Ledes, Gay WIns
- I'll Have the Chateau Latrobe
- Brideshead Revisited... Revisited..... Revisited
- Keeping Crack Legal
- Gay Guy Heel Thyself? Horn of Plenty?
- Defending the Batman
- Less Filling, Tastes Like Shoe
- To the Summit of Mt. Mignon!
- My Casual Fridays Are Officially Ruined!
- Gay Guy / Straight Guy / Mummer Guy
- "16... 16.... Do I Hear 17?.... Going once.....
- Twitter Twister
- Hadji and Bandit Know, But They Won't Tell
- Gay is Good, So Filter it Out
- What Not to Admit
- No Woman, Yes Cry
- ▼ July (16)