I want to circle back to the January 14 post about PBS' first episode of "The Complete Jane Austen" vs. Terminator Chronicles. This post has drawn a lot of comments, so it strikes a chord.
(I tuned in to the second Austen installment, which was not as good as the first, but still fun.)
Obviously, I'm the Jane Austen side of this Sunday Night Smack Down. No question there. And, no apologies.
It makes me remember a funny interchange a few years ago. I had just started a new job, so new people to meet and a new audience to come out to. (Coming out is almost never a one-time-only event.)
I came out to male colleague who also turned out to be gay. He told me he had already figured it out. I wasn't particularly surprised, but I asked what was the tip off? "You told us what you did over the weekend," he said. "You said you went to the house and garden show.... and you didn't apologize." Well, no, I wasn't dragged there.
If the house and garden show is gay, what's straight, the auto show? Since we are trying to bridge the gay/straight divide here, I'll meet you at the boat show, Straight Guy.
Gay Guy / Straight Guy Archive
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ► 2009 (267)
- Gaydar is Real ...ly Hilarious
- You Ask, We Answer
- Jane Austen... Without Apologies
- Cleanin' up and gettin' down
- The Straight/Gay Sunday Night Divide
- Duck for Cover! It's a Gay Guy Drive-By!
- More Good Drivers Accounted For
- Good Driving Abounds
- Gay Guy's Study Proves that Good Driving Skills Br...
- Can Gays Drive Straight?
- Where'd You Learn That? Gay Academy?
- Doonesbury Gay/Straight Storyline
- gayguystraightguy.com, Learn to Love It
- 2007 Gay/Straight Story of the Year: Larry Craig -...
- ▼ January (14)